Is your bedroom dark, dreary, or boring? Are windows and natural light virtually nonexistent? Well, don’t fret. There are still plenty of ways to brighten the room, and have a light, airy welcoming space you love.
We’ve got a few easy bedroom interior design tips that can help:
- Choose stark white paint for the walls or accents. No natural light? Make up for it with bright white paint. If you don’t want to cover the whole wall, use the paint to accent your space instead. Paint the door frames, dressers, or other smaller pieces for little pops of brightness.
- Add some mirrors. Mirrors add instant light to a room, so if your space feels dark or muted, add some large-sized mirrors on the walls to open it up. You could even create a mirror collage for extra lightness.
- Opt for brighter accents. Bright colors can help lighten up your space, so opt for curtains, bedspreads, pillows, and other accents in happy, sunny colors. Yellows, bright blues, oranges, and similar hues are the perfect choice.
- Go for lightweight fabrics. If you’re looking to brighten up space, avoid using heavy fabrics in the room. Opt for lightweight linens instead, especially on blankets, curtains, and furnishings.
- Install a centerpiece light fixture. Chandeliers aren’t only for dining rooms. Provide a big pop of light to your bedroom by installing a large light fixture as the centerpiece. A great chandelier will work, or you can get creative and DIY something.
Do you want even more helpful bedroom interior design tipsto improve your space? Then check out the rest of our blog. Need to replace an old mattress, or are you ready to upgrade to a newer model? Stop by a Parklane Mattresses Location today. Our team is here to help.