Think you don’t have the magical touch to transform your home from plain to amazing? Think again. You don’t have to be an interior designer to have a great home. All it takes it a little planning, a few accents, and some elbow grease, and you can have a magazine-worthy property in no time.
Don’t believe us? Here are some very simple interior design tips even the most design-impaired homeowner can follow:
- Bring in new colors with pillows – Want to bring color to your space? Forget spending time painting. Just add a few pops of color with some brightly colored or patterned pillows.
- Use wallpaper for a foolproof look – Forget messing with painter’s tape, tarp, and rollers. Instead, just wallpaper a room, and get a finished look in a few hours – no fumes necessary!
- Leave the walls white – Not every room needs to be painted or papered. Sometimes, leaving a wall white and adding accents like artwork, picture frames, mirrors, and more can be a better way to draw attention.
- You don’t have to stick to one style – Don’t try to be too matchy-matchy. Mix up styles and eras, and give your space a more eclectic vibe, if that’s what you’re feeling.
- Give every room lighting options – Overhead lighting is nice, but a great lamp, sconce, or chandelier can be a true game-changer. It can also allow you to change the room’s look according to season or mood.
- Forget traditional coffee and end tables – Kick those traditional wood tables to the curb. Instead, try using tufted stools, old pallets, or even forgoing a coffee table altogether.
- Plants can improve a room’s mood – Lacking windows? Brighten up a space with a few living plants. You can even transform a whole wall into a garden and really up the ante.
Want more simple interior design tips that anyone can follow? Check out our Behind the Seams blog now.