Are you having trouble deciding between a memory foam mattress and a traditional coil one? You’re not alone. Each offers a unique experience—different levels of comfort and support, different price points, different levels of durability—and finding the right one is important.
That’s why we’re here to help. If you’re currently wavering between foam and coil mattress options, just check out our comparison guide below.
- Price – Memory foam mattresses usually run a little higher than a traditional coil one will, but the difference isn’t anything to write home about. You can probably expect to pay only a few hundred more, give or take.
- Durability – Coil mattresses are highly durable, and can often last 10 years or longer. Foam ones are durable as well, but they won’t survive nearly as long.
- Comfort – Both foam and coil mattresses are extremely comfortable. Your best bet is to try out models of each, and see which fits with your sleeping style best. Most mattress stores have no problem letting you try out the floor models, so go wild!
- Support – If you’re looking for something supportive, your best bet is definitely a foam mattress. Since these conform exactly to your body, they’re able to relieve pressure points and alleviate aches. Coil mattresses offer basic support, but it may not be enough to provide any sort of pain relief.
- Health – One of the biggest problems with traditional coil mattresses is that dust mites, mold, bacteria, and allergens can hide away in the inner fabrics, affecting your health and making you sick. With a memory foam mattress, you don’t have these issues. Mites and bacteria can only live on the surface, not within the solid block of foam inside. Just wipe it down every once in a while, and you’ll always have a healthy, sanitary place to sleep.
Still trying to decide between a foam mattress and a coil one? Then stop by Parklane Mattresses today. Our expert staff members will help you find the perfect product for your needs.