Having trouble sleeping lately? Well, you’re not alone. As the temperature heats up and the days grow longer, more and more people have trouble hitting the hay. Fortunately, all hope is not lost.
Want to change the tide and learn how to sleep better, starting tonight? Here’s how:
- Take a warm shower or bath right before turning in – Taking a warm shower can help you in two ways. First, it can relax you before it’s time to turn in. Second, once you get out of the shower (and you’re wet,) it makes your body temperature drop, something that tires out your body.
- Dim the lights in the evening – Turn off overhead lights in the evening, and try to avoid too many bright screens or LEDs. These can wake up your brain and keep you alert.
- Keep a routine – Establish a set sleep and wake routine, and stick to it. This trains your body to be alert at one time and to get tired at another, and it can make falling asleep infinitely easier.
- Exercise daily – Exercise tires your body out, plain and simple. The more you exert yourself, the more tired you’ll be.
- Steer clear of caffeine after lunch – A cup or two of coffee in the morning is totally fine, but if you want to sleep well at night, avoid drinking anything caffeinated in the afternoon or evening hours. Keep your cups of joe in the pre-lunch time period.
Now that you know how to sleep better, start following these tips tonight. Who knows, maybe you’ll have the best night’s sleep of your life!
Get More Help Sleeping Well
Still having trouble getting a great night’s sleep? Just want more expert sleeping tips? Check out the rest of the Behind the Seams blog now, or come by a Parklane Mattresses location today. A new sleep surface could be just what the doctor ordered.