Traditional home décor, furniture, and accessories are always in style, no matter what year or season it is. If you’re on a tight budget and are looking for décor that’s going to look classy and elegant for a long time, it’s best to choose traditional items for your space. These ten traditional home décor pieces are perfect for any home:
- A big recliner. A large, richly colored fabric or leather recliner is a great addition to a living room, den, or sitting area. Not only does it provide a focal point for the space, it also offers a spacious, comfortable seat for relaxing while reading or watching TV.
- Candles. Candles brighten up any space. Opt for tall candlestick styles and put them in crystal or ceramic holders, or choose shorter, more modern-looking candles, if they fit your aesthetic better. You can work candles into any room in the house; place them on the bathroom counter, put them on your bedroom shelves, or use some to make a centerpiece for your dining room table.
- Decorative pillows. Decorative pillows in fun patterns or bright colors are a good way to bring character to a space without overpowering the room. They’re especially vibrant against light-toned furniture or a solid-colored sofa, or you can place them on your bed or in your guest room for additional flair.
- Flowers. Flowers make a space look bright and cheerful instantly, and they smell great too. Work them into your centerpiece, use them to freshen up your bathroom, or put some on your bedside table. You can also consider installing a window planter to brighten up the front of your home.
- A large area rug. If you don’t have carpet, a large area rug is a piece of traditional home décor that can keep you from having to sweep on a daily basis and will ground the room to bring the whole aesthetic together. If you do have carpet, choose a large area rug in a deep, rich tone or an eye-catching pattern to help it stand out from the carpet underneath.
- A chandelier. Chandeliers are a beautiful addition to your kitchen, living room, or bedroom. They provide a focal point for the space and bring light, brightness, and a touch of class to a room, and they also go well with almost any paint color or wallpaper pattern available.
- An entryway table. Entryway tables are fun and functional. Use them to display family photos, flowers, artwork, or other decorative pieces, or use them to keep things organized by storing your car keys, umbrella, purse, and other items in its drawers. This will also help to keep your foyer uncluttered and looking clean.
- A nice china set. You may not use it every day, but a quality china set is a must-have when it comes to home décor. Bring it out for special occasions and holidays, and when not in use, put it on display in a hutch or set it out on your dining room table as part of a beautiful tablescape.
- Artwork. Every home should have at least one piece of artwork, whether it’s a painting, a nice photograph, a graphic design, or anything else that reflects your interests and personal style. If you’re unsure where to place yours, the space over the mantel is always a good spot, as is the entryway, the space above a bed, or in a hallway.
- Mirrors. Mirrors bring light and airiness to a space, make a room appear larger, and work in any part of the home. Large mirrors with gilded frames are perfect for the living room or above the bed or mantel, while smaller ones are good for bedroom walls, hallways, and bathrooms.
Remember that these traditional home décor items won’t complete your home until you choose the perfect bed. Come by Parklane Mattresses today to find one to go with your new decorating scheme.